The golf course at Quinta da Marinha has 18 holes with 5870 metres of unadulterated natural surroundings and major challenges.
Designed by the legendary Robert Trent Jones Senior, this par 71 golf course has great views to the Atlantic Ocean and Sintra Mountains.
Quinta da Marinha has hosted various professional and senior golf events.
In 1988 Quinta da Marinha hosted the Ladies Masters, a test which formed part of the Women’s Professional European Circuit. It was won by the South African Laurette Maritz-Atkins.
In October 2002 Quinta da Marinha hosted the PGA Seniors Tour Championship, won by England’s Denis Durnian at -5. The tournament was decided after a dramatic sudden-death play-off at the 10th. Denis Durnian faced Irelands former Ryder Cup star, Eamonn Darcy who conceded after hitting just one shot on the first hole of the play-off. One of the stars of the week was Ireland’s Christy O’Connor Jr, finishing in the top 15.
In June 2007, the Challenge Tour was won here by England’s Ross McGowan. Former Ryder Cup player Peter Baker was leading after 3 rounds but couldn’t respond to McGowan’s fantastic final round of 66. McGowan finished at 12 under par, and three strokes clear of Welshman Stuart Manley, who closed with a 68.
Why not play here at Onyria Quinta da Marinha Golf Club and stay at the on-site Onyria Quinta da Marinha Golf Resort Hotel?Lisbon, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
QDM is a demanding track
Played off White tees – demanding course with excellent par 5s.
Course in excellent condition overall. Finishing section weaker than the first 12-13 holes.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6071m
Max Length (Ladies): n/a
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1984
Designer: Robert Trent Jones
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Sunset Golf Offer from only £37pp non residents or £25pp residents
Unlimited Golf Options always available (Onyria Quinta da Marinha hotel residents only)
Great value Stay & Play packages at the on-site Onyria Quinta da Marinha Hotel
Cascais and Estoril Golf Passport 2020/21
Choose 3, 4 or 5 of the following 6 golf courses in the Cascais/Estoril area to the West of Lisbon and enjoy your golf at the best available prices:
- Belas Golf
- Estoril Golf
- Lisbon Sports Club
- Penha Longa – Atlantic course
- Pestana Beloura Golf
- Quinta da Marinha Golf
Low Season: 16 November 2020 to 28 February 2021/July & August 2021
- 3 rounds only £163pp
- 4 rounds only £205pp
- 5 rounds only £244pp
High Season: 1 to 15 November 2020/1 March to 30 June 2021/1 September to 31 October 2021
- 3 rounds only £201pp
- 4 rounds only £255pp
- 5 rounds only £306pp
1 free in 8 available in low season
The Golf passport is valid on weekdays (weekends and bank holidays only on request).
The Golfer may play each course once only.
Starting times should be prebooked.
Players must have an handicap (Ladies 36/Men 28) and they may be asked to produce a valid certificate as proof.
Golf Passport will be delivered to the client upon arrival.
Onyria Quinta da Marinha Golf Club
- On-site 5 star hotel
- Close to Lisbon and Cascais
- Easy walking golf course