El Rompido Golf Club – North is part of the ever growing golf offering available on the Costa de la Luz golf coast. The El Rompido – North course opened in June 2006 and is designed by the famous Spanish golf course designer Alvaro Arana. El Rompido – North is a great sister course to the renowned El Rompido Golf Club – South.
Winding through the protected salt marsh area the El Rompido – North course is a superbly designed test of golf. With a varied range of hole styles the course has a test in store for players of all standards. The front nine features a run of holes with very tight drives – a typical “risk and reward” opening 9; while the back 9 is shorter, but demands greater accuracy from the fairway into small target greens which are of a consistently high standard.
Situated at the same resort as El Rompido Golf Club – South and the Precise El Rompido Golf Resort Hotel, the complex is the leading golf destination in the Spanish Algarve and Costa de la Luz.Huelva, Costa de la Luz, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
beautiful course, but...
It is a beautiful course, but they allow the round to last 4 hours and 45 min. while with the lay-out (short distance between green and tee) 3 hours and 30 min. for a four ball should be largely enough. I crossed it off my list!
Great facilities and hotel superb, however let down by a sub standard clubhouse.
Good courses at Rompido
Courses pretty good bit tatty in places.
Great courses both testing but in great condition after leaving the mud and ice behind in late january going back there again next january fantastic value for money from “The No Frankensteins Allowed Tour”.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6085
Max Length (Ladies): 5109
Slope (Men): 133
Slope (Ladies): 134
Year Opened: 2006
Designer: Alvaro Arana
Manager: Mar Timoner
Pro: Peter Ballingall
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Reduced rates at El Rompido Golf Club – from only £33pp per round!
Plus superb Hotel & Golf Offers at the 5 star Precise Resort El Rompido:
Flexible Packages always available featuring from 3 nights and 2 rounds thru to as many nights and as many rounds as you wish to book – please ask for your bespoke quotation!
Summer Season Stay & Play Packages also available including golf at La Monacilla GC nearby, plus golf at El Rompido – please ask for your bespoke quotation!
El Rompido Golf Club - North Course
- More open than the South Course
- Great views from many holes
- Part of the El Rompido Golf Resort
- On-site 5 star hotel
- On-site 4 star apartments