This magnificent Nick Faldo designed course is situated in the centre of the Algarve golf region at Amendoeira Golf Resort where you will also find the Amendoeira O’Connor Jnr. and Amendoeira Academy golf courses. If you are serious about the game, your golf holiday in Portugal is simply incomplete without a round on the Faldo Course!
The Amendoeira Faldo Course has an Arizona desert feel, especially with the beautiful terracotta colour of the earth.
Designed by Sir Nick Faldo with strategic play in mind this 6598m par 72 championship course demands careful positioning to score well.
“The land at Amendoeira is dramatic and the project has the potential to be a real talking point in the Algarve. With so many courses in the region, that’s no mean feat,” pointed out Nick Faldo, during his visit in 2007.
In a modern twist of a traditional recipe, cacti and wild herbs replace the role of Sunningdale’s heather, spartan Holm oaks and ancient olive trees take the place of a lush English woodland, and desert scrub bunkers of crushed limestone replace Berkshire’s sandy tracts in a golf course that revels in the classic principles of strategic play.
Nick said: “This was a very exciting project, which gave me a great opportunity to exploit my passion for design the same way I exploited my passion for playing. You have incredible views, beautiful undulating land and any time you have natural terrain like this, it is great fun to work with.”
“The real skill is that when you stand on the tee, the golf hole tells you what to do and if you do what it tells you there is reward but if you don’t you’re penalised. The back nine is quite hilly, which is fantastic because we’ve got some great views to complement the course.”
“I like my courses to be challenging to whoever plays them. There might be easy holes in some places, but they are a challenge because you have to think about them, and that is what I am after. The best compliment you can get in the design business is when players come off the course and say ’wow, that was a challenge,’ and that’s just what I planned at Amendoeira Golf Resort.”Western Algarve, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
bunkers not good
Some of the bunkers not good no sand and hard due to the bunker machine.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6598m
Max Length (Ladies): 4703m
Slope (Men): 138
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2008
Designer: Sir Nick Faldo
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Amendoeira Golf Courses Green Fees, Offers and Packages
- March, April & October – high season
- February, May, June & September & November – mid season
- January, July & August, December – low season
- Reduced rate Christmas, Easter & Summer Special Offers available including buggies at the Amendoeira Faldo and OConnor Jnr golf courses – contact us for latest and best prices on these great offers!
- Amendoeira Faldo from only £114pp
- Amendoeira O`Connor Jnr from only £108pp
Amendoeira Faldo Golf Course
- Buggy always included
- True championship golf course
- Great Nick Faldo design
- Fantastic bunkers
- Lots of on-site accommodation available