Santo Estevao Golf is to be found in untouched countryside in the Ribatejo region of Portugal, 30 minutes east of Lisbon’s international airport.
In full harmony with the natural environment, Santo Estevao Golf’s unique, typically Portuguese landscape of beautiful cork-oaks and wide open spaces bears testimony to the traditional cork harvesting and cattle rearing of the region.
Designed by the well known British Architect Donald Steel, Santo Estevao Golf follows the British School by taking advantage of the existing landscape and fully respecting the environment.
The result is a course which blends in with its natural environment, with the golden tones of the natural grasses retained in the rough areas enhanced by brightly coloured spring flowers. With carefully designed bunkers and greens, the 18-hole course offers a delightful challenge to all standards of golfer. The gently undulating land is ideal for golf and makes for an easy, pleasant walk throughout the course.
Conditions around the greens allow players to choose the best recovery shot, from low chip and runs to high pitches.
Notable holes are the 3rd with its drive over the first of the course’s two lakes; the 7th, where the second shot is over the second lake, and the 11th with an outstanding view of the resort’s large new lake.Lisbon, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6382m
Max Length (Ladies): 5028m
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2004
Designer: Donald Steel
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
GREAT VALUE – Orizonte Stay & Play Packages!
- Stay & Play Orizonte Golf Packages available at a range of excellent Lisbon region hotels with 7 night, 5 green fee and 4 night, 3 green fee options – just ask for your full quotation:
- Turim AV Liberdade
- Hotel Fenix Lisboa
- Hotel Costa Caparica
- Hotel Sana Sesimbra
- Sesimbra Hotel & Spa
- Hotel Alfoz
- Tryp Lisboa Caparica Mar
1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 round options at all Orizonte Golf Courses (Aroeira 1 & 2, Quinta do Peru, Ribagolfe 1 & 2, Santo Estevao) plus options available to include 2 hours on the driving range each day with unlimited range balls. Plus the exceptional value Orizonte Golf Passport is available for 3 & 5 round deals over the full range of excellent golf courses in the group from only £42pp per round.