Salgados Golf Club is located just west of Albufeira and is ideal for golf in the Algarve. Situated on a system of tidal inlets, the course makes ingenious use of waterways and palm trees to create a tricky challenge without too many hills. It is well worth a tee time on your next golf holiday in Portugal.
The Salgados Golf Course is located near Albufeira, within a protected, natural wildlife reserve. This setting provides golfers with a unique experience, since the course gives shelter, water and food to a number of bird species, some of them nearly extinct. The beach is within walking distance and the sea view from the course adds to this scenic golfing experience.
Salgados Golf consists of a varied selection of holes ranging from 185 yard par 3’s to 550 yard par 5’s. The best hole on the course is surely the first, where the view from the tee firmly stamps the character into the players mind.
The Salgados Golf Course is part of an enclosed, self-contained resort that features a comprehensive range of leisure facilities that include Health Club and SPA, indoor swimming pool, tennis, Kids Club, 7 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants.Western Algarve, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
It is the second time we played here. Suitable for all levels of golfer. Great service and beautiful course. Easy to get to and to find. Take a few balls – there is a lot of water!
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6080m
Max Length (Ladies): 4711m
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2006
Designer: Pedro Vasconcelos
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
2, 3 & 5 round packages, plus golf, club hire & buggy deals available all year round
Stay & Play Packages also available at the 4 star Tivoli Lagos Hotel – please contact us for a full quotation
Salgados Golf Club
- Lots of water on the course
- Bring plenty of golf balls!
- Close to Albufeira
- Plenty of accommodation nearby
- Packages with Alamos & Morgado