The Pousada Convento de Tavira – Historic Hotel is simply stunning.
Situated in a restored convent overlooking the town and in the heart of the ancient quarter, it provides the ideal spot to explore the Eastern Algarve with its rich history, beautiful climate and excellent golf courses including Benamor Golf Club, Quinta do Vale Golf Club, Castro Marim Golf & Country Club, Quinta da Ria and Quinta da Cima Golf Club and of course, the amazing Monte Rei Golf & Country Club – a Jack Nicklaus “Signature” resort.
The Pousada Convento de Tavira – Historic Hotel provides easy access on foot to the many restaurants and bars within the town and is only a short walk from the Ria Formosa which flows serenely through the centre of town. All rooms are charming, unique and well equipped combining ancient majesty with modernity and style.
The Convent was once the Convent of the Cloistered Augustinian Nuns, which was founded by King D. Sebastiao around 1569. It stands on the castle hill on the site of what was once most likely the Jewish quarter.
Its most noteworthy features are the 16th & 17th century Renaissance cloister, the facade facing the main square and the central staircase, both in baroque style. Archaeological traces of Islamic origin were discovered during the restoration work. As a result, the plans were changed to include the finds in the building, where they are now partially visible from the bar. This is a truly unforgettable place to stay and only 30km from Faro Airport.
Important – please note that all bookings for the Pousada Convento de Tavira – Historic Hotel are “on request” only. We will give you an indicative quote, but the rate and availability can only be confirmed once you confirm that you wish to go ahead and we have contacted the hotel for confirmation.
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
24 Hour Reception
Fine Restaurant & Bar
Room-Service & Laundry
A/C & Heating
LCD TV with Cable
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Pousada Convento de Tavira - Historic Hotel 4*
- True historic experience in Tavira
- Part of national Pousada group
- Close to Tavira town centre
- Golf options nearby