Host Golf Course – Eastern Algarve Golf Festival
This spectacular 18 hole golf course is in the Ria Formosa Natural Park and spreads along an gently undulating piece of prime golfing land down to the Ria Formosa itself and with a stunning view of the sea.
Quinta da Ria is generally considered to be a more gentle challenge than it’s big brother Quinta da Cima – but don’t let this fool you into thinking that the Ria course is a pushover as it certainly is not!
It is a par 72, comprising two loops of 9 holes with each loop having 2 par 5’s, five par 4’s and two par 3’s. The total length is 6016 metres. Five lakes were strategically built around the course, near greens 5, 10 and 14. Hole 16, a par 5, is played between the two biggest lakes. The green of the par 3 17th also brings one the lakes into play and also has an island where local bird-life nests.
Besides the beauty the lakes bring to the course, they are also used as water reservoirs for irrigation and are nourished by a stream, in play on some holes.
The greens, smoothly undulating, are well protected by bunkers. Greens, tees and fairways are seeded with Bent Crenshaw and the rough with Poa Pretensis with Fescuas.
There is no real estate construction at Quinta da Ria – apart from the 4 star Robinson Club Quinta da Ria Hotel. More than 300 trees, such as olive and carob trees have been transplanted in order to maintain the ancient border of the course and the typical features of the regions landscape. This has given this newish course the look and feel of a course which has been established for many years.
From any point on the course, one can see both the mountains and the sea. The surrounding orange groves and vineyards contribute to make the landscape of the course even more beautiful.Eastern Algarve, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
Well designed and more interesting and enjoyable than its neighbour Quinta da Cima. A delight not to be surrounded by villas.
Quinta da Cima is too long for the average club golfer with many “samey” overlong Par 4’s.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6053m
Max Length (Ladies): 4977m
Slope (Men): 131
Slope (Ladies): 123
Year Opened: 2002
Designer: Rocky Roquemore
Reservations: Henrique Guilherme
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
28th Nov 2021 to 29th Jan 2022 Winter Special Offers available Summer Special Offers available
29th May 2022 to 3rd Sep 2022
Winter Special Offers available
Summer Special Offers available
Offers always available here include:
- Buggy Inclusive
- Summer Special
- Twilight + Buggy
- Rates available plus 4 rounds for the price of 3 – please ask for our latest exclusive special offer rates!
Best value Stay & Play Offers including Quinta do Ria are available at the Prime Energize Monte Gordo Hotel
Special Offers Robinson Club Quinta da Ria including golf at Quinta da Ria & Cima
- 7 nights Full Board with Drinks included with 5 days of golf with free pull trolleys
- Flexible All Inclusive Stay & Play packages are available including any number of nights in the hotel with any number of rounds of golf at Quinta da Ria/Cima – please ask for a full quotation according to your preferences for hotel and golf!
- Non Golfer sharing with golfer prices are also available.
- 18 holes per day pre-confirmed, with extra 9 holes subject to availability after completion of the first 18 holes of the day.
- Pull trolleys included free of charge, buggies and electric trolleys charges apply.
Host Golf Course – Eastern Algarve Golf Festival
Quinta da Ria Golf Club
- Lovely seaside golf course
- Excellent Eastern Algarve layout
- Quality putting surfaces
- 4 star Robinson Club Hotel on-site
- Highly recommended