Little can be said here that has not already been said about the Stadium Course at the Camiral Golf & Wellness which is located just a few miles to the south of the city of Girona and the airport.
With a deserved reputation as one of the toughest golf courses in Europe, the PGA Catalunya Stadium Course also occupies a berth in the list of the most famous golf courses in Europe.
Having hosted multiple professional tournaments – including the Spanish Open only a few months after opening in 1998 – the conditioning at PGA Catalunya is second-to-none, although if you stray off the fairways even by a few centimetres you will soon discover that finding your ball in the extremely penal rough can be difficult!
Now with excellent hotel options available both on-site at the luxury 5 star Hotel Camiral Golf & Wellness and now also the 4 star La Vida Hotel at Camiral Golf & Wellness, plus locally in the historic city of Girona, a visit to the golf club at PGA Catalunya and a round on the Stadium Course should underscore the reasons why this is one of the most famous courses in Europe.
Great value Stay and Play packages are available at the on-site golf resort hotels all year round, so why not get in touch for the latest and best rates in the market for a stay here at Camiral Golf & Wellness & PGA Catalunya Resort?
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
- Par: 72
- Max Length (Men): 6588m
- Max Length (Ladies): 5310m
- Slope (Men): 138
- Slope (Ladies): 130
- Year Opened: 1998
- Designer: Neil Coles and Angel Gallardo
- Manager: n/a
- Pro: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Discounted green fee rates always available here at PGA Catalunya Golf Club – Stadium Course at Camiral Golf & Wellness with The Golf Travel People
PGA Catalunya Golf Club - Stadium Course at Camiral Golf & Wellness
- Quality championship course
- Pretty tough challenge, but still enjoyable!
- 4 & 5 star hotels on-site
- Highly recommended