This excellent Nick Price & Ronald Fream design is the championship course at Carvoeiro Golf Resort, Algarve. Your golf holiday in Portugal should definitely feature this great golf course in the central Algarve area.
The 8 time consecutive host of the European Seniors Tour Qualifying final, Vale de Pinta is rightly respected not just for its playability and challenging layout but for outstanding levels of beauty and enjoyment. Designed by the famous American golf course architect Ronald Fream and inaugurated in 1992 Vale de Pinta has earned its place as one of the best designed courses in Europe.
Imagine the fairways of Bermuda grass, strategically placed sand bunkers, and greens clad in Penn Cross Bent grass. Not to mention ornamental lakes in a rolling terrain dotted with carob, fig, almond and olive trees (including one olive tree over 1200 years old!).
The modern Pinta Clubhouse welcomes each golfer or non golfer with a warm, cosy and tranquil atmosphere with the following services:
- The golf store, with well-known international golf brands.
- Club and buggy rental.
- Changing facilities.
- Restaurant and Bar, with beautiful, idyllic views to the fairways.
- Full reception facilities.
- Buggy Bar.
The golf reception is open every day from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the winter, and to 9 p.m. in the summer.Western Algarve, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6127m
Max Length (Ladies):
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1992
Designer: Ronald Fream
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Stay & Play Packages always available to include Pestana Vale da Pinta Golf Club.
Choice of hotel and apartment options available across the Algarve including the Pestana Vila Sol Resort, the Pestana Delfim, the Pestana Dom Joao, the Pestana Carvoeiro Resort and many more excellent Pestana Hotel options.
Pestana Vale da Pinta Golf Course
- Very long layout
- Challenging and tight in places
- Good practice facilities
- Plenty of on-site accommodation
- Part of the 5-course Pestana group