Pestana Alto Golf Club was an early entrant to the Algarve golf scene, designed by Sir Henry Cotton. It is a great golf course ideal for an opening round on your Portuguese golf holiday.
This legendary golf course is the last course designed by architect Sir Henry Cotton, and features the 600 meter par 5 known as the “Sir Henry challenge”, and what a challenge it is!
Pestana Alto is synonymous with design and play, and in a world of modern, complex course design, more and more people look back at the classics and see how course design should be: about challenge and playability for all handicap levels.
Located on the edge of the picturesque fishing village of Alvor, the rolling fairways and elevated greens test all and reward anyone who enjoys thinking about their game.
The Alto Clubhouse located in the heart of the resort and offers a full complement of services such as:
- The Pro Shop, with well-known international golf brands.
- Club and buggy rental.
- Changing and locking facilities.
- Restaurant and Bar, from whose terrace you enjoy the most spectacular view to the fairway overlooking the 3rd hole
- Full reception facilities
- Putting green
The golf reception is open every day from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the winter, and to 9 p.m. in the summer.Western Algarve, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6102m
Max Length (Ladies):
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1997
Designer: Sir Henry Cotton
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Stay & Play Packages always available to include Pestana Alto Golf Club.
Choice of hotel and apartment options available across the Algarve including the Pestana Vila Sol Resort, the Pestana Delfim, the Pestana Dom Joao, the Pestana Carvoeiro Resort and many more excellent Pestana Hotel options.