This is a really pretty parkland layout in the Carvoeiro Golf Resort, Algarve. A great addition to your golfing schedule on your perfect Portugal golf break.
After his success designing the Vale de Pinta course, Ronald Fream teamed up with the former world No. 1 Nick Price to create the unique design of Gramacho. With 18 holes and 27 greens, plus numerous different tee points, players are able to enjoy the same course time and time again but always with slightly different challenges.
Having hosted the Portuguese Ladies Open on a number of occasions Pestana Gramacho is recognized as a championship course enjoyable and playable even by those with a higher handicap. Apart from the fantastic golf design, Ronald and Nick managed to incorporate the traditional landscape by utilizing the natural stone outcrops, historical dry stone walling and existing ancient trees with some artfully sculpted lakes and bunkers. The effect is a wonderful journey through the countryside.
The Gramacho Clubhouse, located in the heart of the resort, offers a full complement of services such as
- Club and buggy rental
- Changing facilities
- Restaurant and Bar, which boasts the most spectacular view on the misty blue backdrop of the Monchique Mountains, as well as views to the fairway overlooking the 18th hole.
- Full reception facilities
- Putting green
- Buggy Bar
- The Pro Shop, with well-known international golf brands. The golf reception is open every day from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m in the winter, and to 9 p.m. in the summer .
Western Algarve, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6107m
Max Length (Ladies):
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1991
Designer: Ronald Fream & Nick Price
Golf Director: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Stay & Play Packages always available to include Pestana Gramacho Golf Club.
Choice of hotel and apartment options available across the Algarve including the Pestana Vila Sol Resort, the Pestana Delfim, the Pestana Dom Joao, the Pestana Carvoeiro Resort and many more excellent Pestana Hotel options.
Pestana Gramacho Golf Course
- A beautiful golf course
- Plenty of on-site accommodation
- Good practice facilities
- Part of the 5-course Pestana group