One of the key briefs for a golf course designer since the turn of the century has usually been to try and preserve as much of the natural landscape as possible whilst also creating a challenging and playable golf course. Jack Nicklaus’ chief designer Ron Kirby has definitely succeeded in that brief here at Lanzarote Golf Club as the course he has designed retains features of the agricultural land it once was – such as the old stone walls of the farmland on which the course was built and the rolling undulations of the lower slopes of the volcano towering above the course. All of this makes the golf course here at Lanzarote Golf Club and excellent modern golfing challenge.
There are very few trees around the golf course and therefore sea views are available from almost every hole on the course, but the challenge is to be found on the large, sloping greens and in trying to escape from the many greenside, fairway and waste bunkers that are prevalent throughout the round of golf here.
It’s good to know that with only 2 golf courses on the island of Lanzarote that they are quite distinct to one another with Costa Teguise’s course being lined with trees throughout, whilst Lanzarote Golf Club is a more modern design with far fewer trees, but enough challenge to retain the close attention of most golfers.
Wide fairways allow you to open your shoulders with the driver on may of the par-4 and par-5 holes and the chances of losing your ball are fairly slim – unless you manage to find the course’s 1 lake which only comes into play on the 10th and 17th holes.
With an comfortable modern clubhouse featuring a great terrace to enjoy a drink in the sunshine following your round, Lanzarote Golf Club should definitely be included if you are looking to play a few rounds of golf whilst on the island.Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6133m
Max Length (Ladies): 4827m
Slope (Men): 128
Slope (Ladies): 124
Year Opened: 2008
Designer: Ron Kirby
Manager: Elena Angel Gutiéres
Pro: Antonio Monzón
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Lanzarote Golf Club
- Large sloping greens
- Wide fairways
- Great views from all holes
- Great clubhouse for a drink