With 36 Parkland holes, the Old and New Zagaleta courses are located in a privileged enclave of the Mediterranean Forest from where you can see the Alboran Sea, Africa and Gibraltar. Both courses offer a dynamic design of doglegs to both sides, where it is essential to put the ball on the fairway from the tee and then face medium to short distance shots to some small but undulating greens. They are not long courses but they are very technical where the risk/reward strategy is present in many of its holes.
The peace, tranquillity and silence that this environment offers is only affected by the sighting of partridges, fallow deer, deer or mouflons, permanent residents of La Zagaleta.
Only the New Course at La Zagaleta is available for non-members, but this does not mean it is second-best to the Old Course; in fact – quite the contrary – as the New Course is one of southern Spain’s finest golf challenges!
La Zagaleta New, designed by Steve Marnoch it is fair to say that this project was quite a challenge in getting the design of the golf course up and running. The result has been a spectacular course (open since 2005), which the owner and external partners will be able to enjoy for a long time. Taking services and facilities to an unprecedented level…
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
La Zagaleta Old Course
Designer: Bradford Benz (1991) and Marc Westenborg (2016)
Max Length (Men): 6010m
Max Length (Ladies): 4834m
La Zagaleta New Course
Designer: Steve Marnoch
Max Length (Men): 5391m
Max Length (Ladies): 4351m
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Limited golf-only offers available all year round for our clients – get in touch for latest and best rates!
La Zagaleta Golf Club
- 2 x 18-hole courses
- Both are mature parkland layouts
- Close to the Mediterranean coast
- Some excellent views
- Great conditioning