Located adjacent to the renowned tourist resort of Costa Calma with its huge open beaches and plenty of hotel options, Jandia Golf Club is a little bit of a “Marmite” golf course… one of those you either love or hate! OK, any golf course can be great on a day you play well there, but play the same course on another day and play poorly and you can quickly fall out of love with it. Jandia on the other hand is probably one that you could play well on and not necessarily enjoy, or one that you could play very badly on and you still have a great time because it just suits your eye and you enjoy being in this unusual location for a golf course! So, its definitely worth a visit providing that we can advise you that the current course conditions are good…
The course itself is fairly hilly (buggy is recommended) and offers some rather unusual holes throughout the round including the 2nd which is a brutal stroke-index 1, par 4 hole with an extremely tough approach shot to a small elevated green that can easily cause more than a few problems at such an early stage in your round!
Once you have navigated the 2nd, the course starts to wind it’s way uphill for quite a number of holes and accuracy off the tee and finding the fairway is vital because many of the holes have plenty of trouble immediately off the fairways on both sides. However, when you start to come back down the hill it is time to really open the shoulders with the driver on some holes as the firm, fast-running fairways can put you in with the chance of birdies or better providing you have hit straight.
The 15th hole is close to the clubhouse and if the green is in good condition provides an enjoyable final par-3 here at Jandia Golf Fuerteventura.
The 17th and 18th holes both play uphill back towards the clubhouse that sits in the centre of the course and although not especially long could wreck a previously good card without accuracy off the tee.Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 5865m
Max Length (Ladies): 4518m
Year Opened: 1995
Designer: Ron Kirby
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Jandia Golf Club
- Unusual layout
- Good greens
- Longest course on the island