Having first opened for play in 2002 after being designed and built under the watchful eye of renowned Spanish golf course designer Juan Catarineu, Fuerteventura Golf Club has matured nicely and in fact was the 2006 host course for the Spanish Open!
Located only minutes from the international airport and close to the Caleta da Fuste resort area, Fuerteventura Golf Club occupies a very accessible location in the coastal, central area of the island.
The golf course is in a parkland style, but with the general lack of trees on Fuerteventura it is difficult to really classify it as such, so the main hazards that come into play are large expanses of water and plenty of bunkers. The greens are large and true and there are even a couple of double-greens as found on some Scottish links courses – notably the Old Course at St Andrews..
It’s an easy walking golf course with only 1 hill of any note that comes towards the conclusion of the round, so buggies are not really required unless it is the heat that you need to try and avoid!
One of the main attractions to visitors – especially groups travelling for a tuition holiday with a PGA professional – are the superb practice facilities. The club boasts the largest driving range on the island of Fuerteventura alongside short-game areas and an extensive practice putting green too.
Additionally, the on-site 5 star Elba Palace Golf & Vital Hotel makes this a true golf resort, with the pro-shop and clubhouse for the golf club forming part of the main hotel building, so for convenience there is nowhere easier to enjoy a tuition holiday. Plenty of other Fuerteventura golf hotels are located nearby including another Elba hotel, and the 5 star Sheraton too.Fuerteventura, Canary Islands, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6069m
Max Length (Ladies): 4720m
Slope (Men): 126
Slope (Ladies): 122
Year Opened: 2002
Designer: Juan Catarineu
Manager: Alberto Diaz Padilla
Pro: Patxi Amatriain
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Fuerteventura Golf Club
- Easy walking course
- Great greens
- Excellent practice facilities
- Spanish Open venue
- 5 star hotel on-site