The Old Course, Vilamoura is part of the Dom Pedro Golf Collection
Situated in the heart of Vilamoura a mere 20 minute drive from Faro airport, this Frank Pennink designed parkland style layout is one of the oldest in the region and renowned all over the golfing world.
Often described as the Grande Dame of Algarve courses, it meanders throughout impressive pine trees – the principal hazard – over gently undulating natural terrain. Although it opened in 1969, the course was completely renovated and modernised 27 years later although no major changes were made to the magnificent layout.
In addition to raising the Vilamoura Old Course to new heights of quality, an attractive new clubhouse and adjacent putting green were also built at that time. As with all Vilamoura courses, environmental protection practices are strictly adhered to by means of detailed management systems in line with guidelines established by ISO 14001 standards, Green Globe and Committed to Green programmes.
This is one of the courses in Portugal that will always stay in the memory of visiting golfers.Vilamoura Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6254m
Max Length (Ladies): 5086m
Slope (Men): 138
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1969
Designer: Frank Pennink, remodelled by Martin Hawtree in 1996
Manager: Alice Carlota
Pro: Joaquim Sequeira
Golf Director: Romeu Gonçalves
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
- 3 rounds from only £205pp
- 4 rounds from only £246pp
- 5 rounds from only £324pp
Twilight, 9 hole and Junior rates also available on all Vilamoura courses
Vilamoura Old Course - Dom Pedro Golf Collection
- The classic Vilamoura course
- Tree-lined throughout
- A “must-play” course
- Part of Dom Pedro Vilamoura group
- Multi-round deals available