Pinhal Golf Club, Vilamoura is part of the Dom Pedro Golf Collection
Pinhal was the second golf course built in Vilamoura and inaugurated in 1976, having originally been designed by Frank Pennink, the architect of the nearby Vilamoura Old Course.
Several refinements were incorporated over the years, the most significant one by Robert Trent Jones Sr. in 1985. The course is typified by rolling parkland terrain covered with numerous umbrella and Atlantic pines that line many of the fairways and a few even stand out on fairways or near greens.
Ponds and a stream come into play on five holes but are not serious threats to above-average golfers. To keep up with modern technical advances in clubs and balls, several holes have recently been lengthened and the par 72 course now measures 6353m off the white tee markers.
The clubhouse was completely renovated and modernised at the turn of the millennium and from the large veranda one can enjoy a panoramic view over the excellent driving range and practice facilities.
Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal Travel Guide
What our customers say
These were ideal holiday courses. Not too difficult. Very few lost balls among the trees which however presented sufficient challenge.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6353m
Max Length (Ladies): 5206m
Slope (Men): 132
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1976
Designer: Frank Pennink then remodelled and refurbished by Robert Trent Jones Jr. in 1985
Manager: Alice Carlota
Pro: Manuel Pardal & Francisco Pontes
Golf Director: Eduardo Sousa
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Dom Pedro Vilamoura Golf Courses Christmas, Easter and Summer Specials
CHRISTMAS & SUMMER: Available for tee times ALL DAY, 1 free place in 8 is available providing a minimum of 3 rounds are booked on the Dom Pedro Vilamoura golf courses
EASTER: Available for tee times after 1100 for Victoria, Old and Millennium and after 1234 for Pinhal and Laguna
Free golf available for juniors up to 17 years old on these offers
Buggies also available at reduced rates
Summer Offer 01/07 – 31/08/22
- Dom Pedro Vilamoura Victoria only £95pp
- Dom Pedro Vilamoura Old Course only £95pp
- Dom Pedro Vilamoura Millennium only £69pp
- Dom Pedro Vilamoura Pinhal only £69pp
- Dom Pedro Vilamoura Laguna only £69pp
- 3 rounds from only £205pp
- 4 rounds from only £246pp
- 5 rounds from only £324pp
Twilight, 9 hole and Junior rates also available on all Vilamoura courses
Vilamoura Pinhal - Dom Pedro Golf Collection
- Tree-lined throughout
- Enjoyable holiday golf course
- Easy walking golf course
- Part of Dom Pedro Vilamoura group
- Multi-round deals available