Millennium Golf Club, Vilamoura is part of the Dom Pedro Golf Collection
This conventional par 72 course opened in the year 2000, although the original back nine was formerly part of the 27-hole Vilamoura Laguna Golf Course. Refurbishment to the existing nine holes commenced in May 1999 and included the complete rebuilding of the tees, greens and bunkers, particularly for holes 8 and 9, the only ones on this loop with water hazards, with the aim to simplify the strategy of the course to make it more golfer-friendly.
The renovated 9 holes were joined together with the new 9-hole loop to offer a layout of different character, style and playing quality. The work was undertaken by the well-established UK golf architects Hawtree & Sons which culminated in the creation of the new, exciting 18-hole Vilamoura Millennium golf course.
The course is particularly open, although some holes (the 3rd to the 7th) wind between pine trees and are similar to the neighbouring fairways of the Vilamoura Old Course and Vilamoura Pinhal. In this more wooded area, the fairways are narrower and require greater accuracy – while the rest of the course has a clear landscape enriched by lakes at the 4th, 17th and 18th holes. The arrival of the Vilamoura Millennium course made Vilamoura one of the main – if not the main – European golf destination.Vilamoura Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6176m
Max Length (Ladies): 4767m
Slope (Men): 125
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2000
Designer: Martin Hawtree
Manager: Alice Carlota
Pro: Hugo Santos
Golf Director: Eduardo Sousa
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Vilamoura Millennium - Dom Pedro Golf Collection
- Newest course in Vilamoura
- Challenging layout
- Easy walking golf course
- Part of Dom Pedro Vilamoura group
- Multi-round deals available