Laguna Golf Club, Vilamoura is part of the Dom Pedro Golf Collection
Vilamoura Laguna golf course is a beautiful parkland course with many lakes, situated in Vilamoura, Algarve. Don’t let its flat nature fool you, it is a stern test of golf and makes a sound addition to your Algarve golf break.
Laid out over low lying coastal terrain, this course, with its many water hazards and few trees, is considerably different from the other ones in Vilamoura and many of its holes convey a links atmosphere.
U.S. golf architect Joseph Lee designed this course which opened in 1990 and many previous visitors will recognise it as part of the former 27 hole Vilamoura III course. It has been subject to continual improvements over the years.
Measuring 6121m from the white tees, the par 72 course includes several lakes which influence play on a total of 11 holes. In addition to acting as hazards and emergency water reservoirs, these lakes serve a useful purpose in attracting a variety of aquatic birds, both resident and migratory, as well as amphibians, otters and terrapins.
Vilamoura’s master developers, Lusotur, have also established an environmental nature park not far from the course.
Apart from the lakes and an impressive total of 79 bunkers, another hazard is the wind that frequently blows over this somewhat exposed location.
The Vilamoura Laguna course shares a large, welcoming clubhouse with the neighbouring Vilamoura Millennium course.Vilamoura Travel Guide
What our customers say
Good course, but...
The shop was very expensive. The course was very wet and we got soaked though i am sure it is beautiful when the sun shines. It is unclear where to go to get into the club and signage could be improved. Food was good and servers very pleasant.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6121m
Max Length (Ladies): 4900m
Slope (Men): 133
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 1990
Designer: Joseph Lee
Manager: Alice Carlota
Pro: Abílio Coelho
Golf Director: Eduardo Sousa
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Vilamoura Laguna - Dom Pedro Golf Collection
- Lots of water on the course
- Good standard of maintenance
- Stay & Play at Laguna Apartments
- Part of Dom Pedro Vilamoura group
- Multi-round deals available