The 27 holes of Almenara Golf Club are located within the exclusive Sotogrande Estate close to Gibraltar and Estepona alongside the superb Hotel Almenara.
With 3 distinct and unique loops of 9 holes, the golf club here at Almenara offers a varied and high quality – but well-priced – golfing experience for your golf break in this wonderful location. With some holes having distant sea views and some winding their way among the ancient pine trees and benefiting from some of the extreme elevation changes found in this hilly area, the golf course at Almenara is a challenge for players of all levels.
The Dave Thomas designed course is laid out in 3 loops of 9 holes – Los Alcornoques (Cork Oaks), Los Pinos (Pines) and Los Lagos (Lakes) – and their names give you a good idea of what type of environment each loop is situated within! With undulating and rolling fairways throughout, plus some very tight drives and approaches it is accuracy, rather than brute force and length off the tee that will be rewarded here at Almenara GC.
The greens are always in good condition and apart from some small areas of the Pines course that can be affected by a lack of winter sunlight, you will find the course to be in generally great condition all year round due to the fact that with the 3 loops of 9 holes the green keeping staff are able to close a loop at a time for maintenance, whilst always having a full 18 championship holes in play.
It is worth purchasing a copy of the Stroke Saver booklet from the pro-shop for use during your round as this was written by former Spanish champion Santiago Luna and is very insightful as to how best to play each hole!
The club facilities, including pro-shop, bar, restaurant etc plus the excellent practice areas perfectly complement the on-site 4 star Hotel Almenara making this a wonderful full-service golf resort within the exclusive Sotogrande enclave.Cadiz-Jerez, Costa de la Luz, Spain Travel Guide
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
Max Length (Men): 6210
Max Length (Ladies): 4912
Slope (Men): n/a
Slope (Ladies): n/a
Year Opened: 2005
Designer: Dave Thomas
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera
Stay and Play packages always available at the superb on-site Hotel Almenara
Buggies included with all 2-ball bookings (available all year except March, April, May & October)
1 free place in 8 available
Discounts available for Early Bird (0800 – 0840) and Twilight (after 1430 all year round) tee times
Early Booking Discounts available for bookings more than 2 months in advance
Same Day Replay and Multi-Round Rates available
Almenara Golf Club
- 4 star Hotel onsite
- Part of the Sotogrande enclave
- Quality putting surfaces
- Tricky and tight in places
- An enjoyable holiday course