Occupying a beautiful plot of land in the hills above Girona on the Costa Brava, Golf Girona is a stunning golf course. With plenty of trees, well placed bunkers and plenty of lakes and ponds the visiting golfer needs to maintain a good level of concentration throughout the round.
The peaceful setting can be misleading in that you are playing golf so close to a major city and with fantastic views down to Girona itself the location is wonderful!
Similar to many parkland and tree-lined courses commonly found throughout Northern Europe, Golf Girona is similar to the courses in the area to the south west of London, and offers some fantastically well-designed holes by the renowned golf course architect FW Hawtree.
Unusually for a Spanish golf course there are no roads, electric cables, pylons or apartment blocks around the golf course, leading a truly natural feel to this excellent track!
You’ll need your A-game with you here at Golf Girona – and probably a full set of clubs too – as you are likely to need to think your way around the course and use almost all the weapons at your disposal to successfully navigate this excellent course. With elevated tees on pretty much every hole on the back-9 you will also enjoy some spectacular views.
Even if you are staying down on the coast, why not combine a round here with a visit to the historic city of Girona – which will be a great day out!
What our customers say
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Tell us about your experience
- Par: 72
- Max Length (Men): 6100m
- Max Length (Ladies): 5190m
- Slope (Men): 134
- Slope (Ladies): 128
- Year Opened: 1992
- Designer: Hawtree Design
- Manager: n/a
- Pro: n/a
Skyscanner Flight Booking Service
Click the image below to start searching SkyScanner for low-cost flights for your golf holiday from your local airport.
To save money on your golf holiday, The Golf Travel People recommend using our partners at Skyscanner to book your flights to your golf break destination. Please use the bespoke flight search engine to book the best priced flights to your preferred golf travel gateway airport.
- Use Faro Airport in Portugal for the Algarve and also the Huelva region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Jerez/Seville/Gibraltar/Malaga airports for the Cadiz/Jerez region of the Costa de la Luz
- Use Alicante/Murcia/Almeria airports for the entire south eastern region of Spain
- Use Girona or Barcelona airports for the north east of Spain including the Costa Brava
- Use Antalya Airport in Turkey for golf holidays in Belek, Turkey
- Use Las Palmas Airport for golf holidays in Gran Canaria
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in Tenerife, unless you can source any flights to Tenerife North for Melia Hacienda del Conde and other resorts in the north of the island.
- Use Tenerife South Airport for golf holidays in la Gomera and use the excellent Fred Olsen ferry service from Los Cristianos to San Sebastian port in La Gomera